January 6, 2011

It's about that time

Haha, probably not what you're thinking exactly. I was referring to my precious little GrandAm that could. In light of some new discoveries when getting the oil changed, and a few things I didn't tell Dad about right away because I didn't want him to give me bad news, it's about time to get a new car.

Andy and I were hoping to hold off on this purchase, because it's expensive and let's face it, we've kinda hit our limit on expensive purchases lately! (House, washer/dryer, furniture, baby/hospital, etc.) Apparently we were supposed to max out all our credit cards and take out 2 loans at once! (Really everyone, don't worry about our financial situation - WE ARE FINE!)

So there are two outcomes of needing a new car: 1) I get to drive a new car! Wooo HOO!!! 2) That new car might just end up being a minivan. BOOOO HOOOO!

I really don't want to be a minivan mom - no offense to those that are - but I totally understand the appeal now. Lots of room, you can haul large items, the doors slide and don't swing open (more room in the garage)... that's pretty much where my list ends. I like the look of an SUV/crossover better. We actually went and test drove a few last night. Not bad! We have a big decision to make. Minivan? SUV? A little advice from some experienced car-purchasers would be appreciated! And to all my non-mom friends out there -- will you still love me if I drive a van?

PS. BOY OR GIRL??? VOTE NOW! 

1 comment:

  1. not that i'm an experienced car purchaser by all means, but i've been researching cars and SUV's for myself for the past couple of months. I started out the search wanted an SUV. Minumum it would cost like $15,000, if you wanted a relatively newer one (2006+ and less than 100,000 miles). I gave up on the idea of getting an SUV because they are just too much! So instead I am going to buy a car. I'd say you get more bang for your buck with a van. I've seen vans that are less that $10,000 and are a newer year. It's also more family friendly, and lets face it... you're family is going to be growing soon so you're prolly gunna need that.

    ReplyDelete