Andy and I celebrated our One Year Anniversary this past weekend. It seemed as if the world was celebrating with us! (Or maybe they were celebrating Easter, whatever.) Since he had the weekend off I was able to spend the entire weekend with my wonderful hubby and it was amazing.
He began the weekend by bringing home a surprise for me.... flowers! (He doesn't make a habit of bringing me flowers so it was a wonderful treat.) Then we enjoyed a nice dinner out - because I didn't feel like cooking. A movie after we got home topped off our romantic evening.
On Saturday we braved Target (on one of the busiest shopping days of the year) to buy all of our final baby items and some groceries. It was a zoo but we survived. I've been getting asked a lot what kinds of things we still needed to buy - in case you're thinking it, too... here's a portion of the list:
- extra base for the carseat
- baby monitors
- diaper pail (we bought a diaper genie and I think I'm gonna like it
- bathtub
- laundry hamper
Of course we bought more than this - you know I just couldn't help myself when we walked by the little headbands with the flowers on them... It felt nice to finally have everything we need purchased and put away. Sigh of relief!!
Saturday night was a "fancy" dinner out. We ate too much, it was delicious. Great date.
Since Sunday was Easter we attended church in the morning and came home to kill some time before our brunch reservations at 12. I busted out the wedding videos and we had some good laughs listening to the many speeches Carson gave throughout the day, watching the "awkward" moments, and reliving the limo ride again. Good stuff! Brunch was very good, the Easter bunny was even there! (yes, I'm still scared of people dressed as rabbits, just a little) The weather couldn't have been better so we used the afternoon to do some yard work. I had one mission - to kill and destroy the horrid evergreen bush that was taking over our mailbox. Mission accomplished?? Kind of. I got rid of that sucker all right, but the tree stump (yes, I said tree stump) that was growing in there has yet to be removed. Thank god for Dad, he's bringing the chain saw when they come next weekend.
I have to say the entire weekend was great. I can't believe it's been a whole year since Andy and I got married, it's been a busy 365 days! We love each other now more than ever and if it's true what they say about the first year being the hardest, we're in for a lifetime of happiness (even though I knew that already!). Thanks to all of our friends and family who have helped us get here. We love you all! :)
April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment