Today Mollie is 3 weeks old. Wow how the time flies! And even though she's been around for 21 short days, it feels like she's been in our lives forever. And even though sometimes the only thing I want is a good night's sleep, I wouldn't trade my life for anything.
Andy went back to work on the 20th, and since then I've been learning my new role as "stay at home mom". It's not easy! I figured that with Andy busy at work I'd have time to get a few things done that I've been wanting to accomplish since Mollie arrived, but that is just not the case! Every time I think I have an hour or two of "freetime", something comes up and my "to-do" list goes back on the back burner. You may be wondering what is on this list of mine, well here's a few things just to give you an idea of how motherhood changes your priorities:
Janelle's/Mom's To-Do List
1. take a shower
2. make the bed
3. laundry
4. eat lunch
5. take out the trash
These things used to not even make "the list" because, seriously, how hard is it to shower and eat lunch? Eating used to be a given, just like a quick trip to the garage to take out the trash could be done in the blink of an eye. Oh it's a good thing I have my sense of humor!
Now, let's talk about Mollie. I wish I had some stats about her weight and height, but we haven't seen the doctor since the 13th, and she was 8lbs then. She's starting to fit into some of her 3 month size clothes - but just the Carter's brand (because they are long and skinny - like Mollie). She has lots of socks and shoes that aren't even close to fitting her yet. I love putting headbands on her and she'll wear them as long as she isn't having a hissy-fit. Once the crying starts, the hands start flailing and the headband always ends up over her eyes. Mollie loves her tummy time and will go for about 5 minutes at a time before she wants to be rolled over. She also loves bath time! As soon as she gets in that tub she's the most content little girl you'll ever see. Once she gets out, it's a different story...
Sleep is as good as you can expect at 3 weeks old. She wakes to eat every 2 hours lately - she'll have one 3 hour stretch if I'm lucky. The surprising thing is that I'm getting used to it. It's all part of the job I guess. (But I am very much looking forward to the future when she'll sleep for longer - someday.)
June 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



love the entry and the pics! keep em comin'!
ReplyDeleteJanelle, it's so fun to hear about how everything is going. She's beautiful! I knew you would love being a mom!
ReplyDelete