November 20, 2011

"Silver Bells, Silver Bells....

... it's Christmas time at the Kieffers."

Oh that's right! The holiday season is officially upon us, my friends! Andy and I made it officially official this weekend when we retrieved our Christmas boxes from storage and got busy making our home look festive.

It technically all began on Friday. I went to (my favorite store) Hobby Lobby and fell victim to their 80% clearance-priced fall decorations. We're hosting Thanksgiving for Andy's family again this year (a new tradition perhaps?) and I got into the spirit of things by picking up some gorgeous (and cheap!) decorations. A new wreath, a centerpiece (that I "enhanced" myself), a flower arrangement, table accents, plates and napkins are amongst my newest home decor. See for yourselves:

my awesome wreath and a floral arrangement I made on the wine rack

one of the pieces I put together for the end-tables

On Saturday, it was on to bigger and better things. We began by playing around with a new furniture arrangement in our upstairs living room. After a few failed attempts, we realized there really is only one way to arrange our furniture. But we successfully made room for the "guest-of-honor" for this holiday season - THE TREE! That's right, our Christmas tree is up and lit and decorated... and it looks really good:

We'll call this the "before" picture

we believe

with the lights...

ta-da! The after picture

And we didn't stop there. After the tree we added more decor - garland, mini-trees, stockings, etc. I think it all turned out really nicely:


our downstairs living room

Andy and I are really enjoying this time with Mollie and introducing her to all of our traditions and are excited to make some of our own! As we were decorating the tree, drinking our coffee with the favorite Peppermint-Mocha creamer and listening to all of my Christmas CDs, Andy said "I hate to say this, but the only thing we're missing right now is snow." And wouldn't you know it, an hour or so later, we saw our first snowflakes of the season. I'm not quite sure what Mollie thinks of everything yet - she likes the lights on the tree and the red stockings on the wall though! This morning we watched her very first Christmas special - Frosty the Snowman. She seemed very intrigued by Frosty. :) Andy and I have already purchased her/our very first Santa present! (nevermind that Mollie was with us when we did it... she won't know!) And this afternoon we bought her first pair of Christmas jammies - they're green and have reindeer and snowmen on them, with reindeer feet! I'll leave you with some photos of our first "Christmas weekend" as a family:


she can sit! what a big girl...





we dedicated this ornament to Mollie since we didn't have one for her

Andy's favorite ornament - "Dunking Santa"

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment