So we've had the new car for one week and 2 days. I would like to emphasize "new" and "week" in that last sentence.
I'm leaving school on Monday and as I walk out into the parking lot I wait for the familiar "vvrrrroooom" I hear when my remote start effortlessly powers up my car.... and I don't hear anything. I try again. Nothing. In a slight panic, I reach the car and put the key in the ignition (it also dawns on me at that moment that I've never started my car with the key before), and I pray for the "vvvrrrooommm". Well it starts (thank god!) - and the CHECK ENGINE light is on. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!! Some other choice phrases join the mix, but you get the idea.
Well you can guess who the first person I called was - my dad. [I have to take a moment to stop and be outwardly thankful that my parents have cell phones. I just love that I can call either of them at anytime and know they'll always answer, even at work!] Well, "my mechanic" saved me a ton of time and money.... yes, I am bragging now... he fixed my car over the phone! After the guy at AutoZone ran the code on my check engine light, I was able to tell my dad over the phone what it said, he checked his computer at work and told me what to do to fix it. AMAZING! Oh, and free! (still bragging) I am so so so lucky to have the best dad ever in the world - LOVE YOU DAD! - who will take time away from his work to help me. Thank you!
So I guess, on that note, I have two things for everyone today. 1) I love my dad, 2) Seriously, can your mechanic do that?
Also, I don't have too much to say on the following topics tonight, but they are upcoming events of note:
1) My birthday (the big 2-6) on Monday, Jan. 31
2) Andy and I going to New Jersey to visit Alissa and Chris, Feb. 9-13
3) Valentine's Day, Feb. 14 (hint hint wink wink for all the guys out there!)
4) 21 Weeks prego on Saturday ... totally halfway done! WooHoo! :)
January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



you are too cute :) and very entertaining! haha
ReplyDelete