Perhaps the most difficult reason this winter feels like eternity is because I have so many wonderful things to look forward to! Last year, it was the wedding. This year, the baby! Yes people, I've reached the point of excited. It only took me 15 weeks, but I'm here! It hit me yesterday - I can pinpoint exactly when and where, too.
4:15pm - Andy and I drive into the parking lot of Babies R Us. Andy parks in the "Stork Parking, for expectant mothers" spot (my very first time!). Well, I'm not going to lie, there were a few times at Festival when I was in a hurry and there were no other parking spots so I borrowed a pregnant ladies space for a few minutes. But yesterday it was for real! Woah!
4:45pm - We snag a cute and completely clearance priced bedroom set (crib, dresser, changing table) when it wasn't supposed to be on clearance. Oh the tricks I know how to play! ;)
5:05pm - Andy and I find a store that will change our lives (well, for baby purchases, anyways). The Children's Exchange. Name brand, barely-worn baby clothes, furniture, accessories at half price or less. And... we found a Green Bay Packers cheerleading outfit!!!! Andy admitted he was having a good time browsing through the little girl clothes right about the time he found that one. I will probably never shop anywhere else for baby clothes. Amazing! And that, my friends, the moment we left the store with a bag of baby clothes for only $20, was the moment I got excited.
So hurry up winter, I've got big plans for this little girl!



No comments:
Post a Comment