January 11, 2011

GO TEAM PINK!!!

That's right - IT'S A GIRL!

Andy and I had the ultrasound scheduled for this morning at 8:30am and I don't think I slept at all last night. For whatever reason I was unbelievably nervous! So I spent the morning tossing and turning until 6:30am, then got up and proceeded to drink the 32oz. of recommended water before the exam. Here's the catch - you can drink the water, but you can't pee!!!! Ugh what a wonderful way to torment a pregnant woman. I think by the time we got there I was actually in pain, and the ultrasound tech even said, "Wow, you have a nice full bladder this morning." because you could see on the screen how full it was! Well once I was relieved of my pain we were ready to resume the exam. We got to see EVERYTHING! It was so incredible - there actually is a little person squirming around in there! The very first thing he checked was the sex. Right off the bat - "I think it's a girl." I wasn't even surprised by that news. I thought a stronger reaction would come out, but I just laid there and smiled (I think I knew all along it would be a girl). We got to see the head, arms, legs, "goods", spine, organs, heart, feet, all of it. The baby is also very squirmy - probably takes after her mom! When all was said and done they said the baby was perfectly the right size and looked great. They have my due date only one day off - so technically the due date is June 10. (That doesn't mean we're changing the bet!)

Andy and I are very excited (maybe me more than Andy) and just can't wait! I especially can't wait to start shopping! (shocking, I know)  Speaking of shopping... Andy and I bought something else! A NEW CAR! Well, that part isn't surprising because you all knew we were going to get a new car. But, we decided which one! (Drum roll please!) The Pontiac Torrent is the winner! Yeah, we were just not ready to be mini-van parents yet. We're off to West Bend this weekend to go pick it up! Here's a photo of the new ride. Yep, I am one lucky girl! :)



1 comment:

  1. i'm so excited it's a girl! that'll be fun dressing her up!! love the torrent too. you and any will be cool parents ;)

    ReplyDelete