The first car I ever drove was my dad's blue Grand Prix. I was 15, had a permit, and was thrilled just to be sitting in the drivers seat; no matter the car. Then I spent a good amount of time behind the wheel of a minivan. Again, not complaining because my mom was actually letting me drive it (she loosened up her grip on the door handle eventually). Then, a 1993 Pontiac Sunfire. Red. Amazing. All MINE. I still love that car a little bit. The day my dad installed a CD player in my little red car was the day I was cool. And lastly, the 1998 Grand Am. Good times. 4 doors, and a remote entry. Not too shabby. And until yesterday, that was all I knew.
Yesterday I entered the world of luxury. I (and my husband, I suppose) drove away with our very own "state-of-the-art" automobile. Now, I refer to our new SUV as "state-of-the-art" because never before have I felt more pampered by a car. First off, we have a remote that starts the car. Never mind that it also locks and unlocks the car, IT STARTS WITH A REMOTE! Everything you need to know about the car (miles left in the gas tank, tire pressure, oil life, battery life, average MPG, you name it) is displayed with the push of a button. And I can control my radio stations and volume from the steering wheel. Wow. We have officially been spoiled. How did I ever do without these fancy kinds of cars??
Okay, well enough about the car. How bout them Packers??? Hehe, but really that was a good game. Superbowl anyone? (wink!)
I guess that last thing I have for all of you is a baby update. Yesterday I was officially 19 weeks. So I'm considering myself halfway, even though that won't be until next Saturday. I am halfway done. It hasn't been all bad. And the really cool thing is that I am starting to feel the baby move around. But it's becoming a chore to pick out clothes. I have some maternity clothes and I've been mixing them in with my "regular" wardrobe - but even that is getting tough. I am not a fan of growing out of my cute clothes and into stretchy pants. Although, I have to say they are pretty darn comfortable. I have to give a huge "THANK YOU!" to my mom, who has been keeping me in trendy clothes that fit prego ladies. I love you, Mom! <3
Lastly, here are some fun photos for your viewing pleasure!
| Andy and I in our new Torrent. |
![]() |
| Here she is! 18 weeks, 3 days. |
| Top: Me at 17weeks pregnant. Bottom: 19 weeks pregnant. Also, wearing the pink shirt I bought the day we knew it was a girl! :) |




Cute pictures! I can't believe you are almost halfway done with your pregoness! I didn't know your car did all that fancy stuff...so jealous! It was good seeing you this weekend and hopefully I can venture into Rochester soon!
ReplyDelete