Me: Can you find what is wrong with this word? (pointing to "mexio" - misspelled with a lower-case M)
2nd Grade Friend: (serious look on face) There's no such thing as Mexico.
Me: Hmm, well then what is the name of the country under the United States?
2nd Grade Friend: The devil lives there.
I get the pleasure of working with this 2nd Grade friend everyday and couldn't stop myself from laughing when I heard that one. I can usually control it pretty well though. Yesterday we were in the computer lab getting lessons on how to play a particular game online, when he leans over to my computer, grabs the mouse away from me (I was slowly making my way to the website) and says this:
"Mrs. Kieffer, I am going to do this for you because you can't because of the baby in your stomach."
Well I kept my mouth shut after that one (I like to pick my battles...). And today's words of wisdom came in this form:
2nd Grade Friend: (very seriously) Tornadoes don't exist!
Me: Yes, they do. Here is a picture of one (pointing to a photograph in a book).
2nd Grade Friend: No, you're lying. Someone drew that.
I wish I could remember to carry around some paper and a pen with me at all times to write these things down. It might end up being a best seller.
Well I know it's been a while since I've posted any pictures so I have a few to share! Check it out!
| Something to "ooh" and "ahh" over - small sampling of baby clothes for Baby Girl Kieffer! |
| The curtain I sewed for the baby's room. |
| Tough lighting, but I think it looks lovely! |
Well, this is more "impressionist" but you get the idea. Okay, okay, here is the real picture. I am not crazy about having this on the internet, but I've peaked your curiosity haven't I?? Here is the 25 weeks and 5 days picture of me and Baby Girl Kieffer (proceed with caution):
Here are some answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding my pregnancy:
I'm feeling great. I have lots of energy and can still move around with ease.
Sleeping is getting tough. Lots of hip pain and frequent trips to the bathroom make for lots of tossing and turning at night.
No, we haven't thought of a name yet.
Yes, I'm married. (That one's for the curious kiddos at school.)
I'm due June 11, although the ultrasound says maybe the 10th.
My next doctor appointment is on Tuesday the 8th. I have to have the glucose tolerance test done that day. I hope it goes well.
Andy is very excited and is sick of waiting for baby.
I don't have too many weird cravings but love hard-boiled eggs, especially deviled eggs.
I thought I would change the countdown a little bit this time. But, if you really miss the fruit, Nicole, the baby at 25 weeks is the size of an eggplant.




Haha, I guess this will be better than the fruit, but I was excited for the day it said WATERMELON! hehe
ReplyDelete