1. When are you due?
June 11, 2011
2. What are you going to name her?
We haven't decided anything yet. We have our top 4 or 5 names, but I won't be able to know until I see her. Andy thinks he has his mind made up.
3. Do you have everything you need?
Actually, yes. And then some! The only things I want to do yet are finish packing the diaper bag and have the car seat inspected. Other than that, the house is ready for baby! As for Andy and I... we'll be ready when we have to be!
4. Do you think she'll come early?
I have no clue! While part of me wants to start my summer break early and be done working, another part of me wants her as healthy as possible. But since babies pick their birthdays, we're on her time!
5. Do you believe in old wives tales?
NO. And it's actually slightly annoying when women will analyze the size of my belly and the shape and say, "Yes, definitely a girl." What??? And, sorry, Mom, but the heart rate isn't an indication of gender either! Haha.
6. What is the heart rate?
On Wednesday it was about 150/bpm. She's been between 140 and 150 the entire pregnancy. (According to an old wives tale that would mean it's a boy....?)
7. How are you feeling?
Ugh. I have good spikes of energy and then slumps. My feet get sore from standing/walking very easily, but I have a hard time sitting comfortably. Sleep is okay when I'm not up to use the bathroom. Overall, I think I'm feeling as good as you can expect, and if it weren't for my husband's back rubs I would have lost it by now.
8. How many times a day do you use the bathroom? (Andy asked me that yesterday so I actually counted.)
Fifteen. Give or take.
9. What is the most annoying thing about being pregnant?
Having to use the bathroom 15 times a day. I want my old bladder back!!!
10. Do you have any crazy food cravings?
Nope not really. It goes in phases. Early on it was fried greasy food. Then for a while it was hard boiled eggs. Now I'll get random cravings for foods that I craved before I was pregnant. Same old stuff.
11. Did you take any classes to get ready for the baby?
Yes. We are very educated (or at least I'd like to think). We took a 4-Week Childbirth Class and a Newborn Care Class. We have one more next week (Breastfeeding Class) and that will conclude our parental education. I think we learned lots of good things... Andy's just praying we don't run into "Mustache Mike" at the hospital when we're having the baby.
12. Who is "Mustache Mike"??
He's "That Guy". Was in our childbirth class and asked every question imaginable - totally annoying. He also rocked a killer stache. And his name was indeed Mike.
13. What are your plans for next year?
I plan on going back to work as a substitute teacher. I have actually been asked to long-term sub for another pregnant lady at my school for the beginning of the year (she's due in early August). I want to stay at Bamber Valley as much as possible.
14. What kind of daycare are you going to use?
Well, I HATE the idea of daycare. I wish you could work and just have your baby with you while you're doing it. I don't like that some other person will be the one spending all day with my baby.... but you gotta do what you gotta do. We're looking for an in-home daycare. Something small and private. Good luck to us!
15. Are you going to work until you have the baby?
I'm going to try. I'm due 2 days after the school year ends, so we'll see. Unless the doc tells me to stop or if baby surprises us with an early arrival I'll keep on truckin!
16. How is Andy doing?
He's super excited for baby to come. He's also been very busy getting the yard ready and other household projects finished before her arrival. He might have caught my nesting instinct a little bit...
17. Are you nesting?
Um, not really. Sometimes I will start cleaning and then it will snowball into a large project. Mostly I don't seem to have energy to clean anything though. Like I said, my husband took my nesting instinct.
18. How are you going to celebrate Mother's Day?
We have our families coming to visit this weekend and are very excited! Andy is insisting that I get a Mother's Day gift, and I insist that I'm not yet a mom. But, if I just have to get something, I've asked for a pedicure. :)
19. Do you think you'll have a lot of visitors once the baby is born?
Um, hard to say. It's all going to depend on when she gets here! Of course we would love to see as many family and friends as possible... but have no idea what life at home with a new baby will be like. So, if you're one of those people who would like to visit, we'll let you know how we're doing and what would be best for visits. :)
20. Are you going to tell us when you go the hospital?
Andy will make 2 phone calls - one to each of our families. We're going to leave it up to them to "spread the word" (we'll be a little busy doing other things...). No facebook updates. We'll probably send a text to friends when we're there as well. I would make a phone tree, but I don't want to be "that mom" already!
May 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Great post and so excited for you guys! Go to the movies and quiet fancy restaurants before she comes :)
ReplyDelete