June 2, 2011

Tick Tock...

Lately all Andy and I have been hearing is the "tick, tick, tick" of the waiting time bomb that is Baby Girl Kieffer. Eventually we know we'll hear the "ding dong" we've been waiting for, and waiting for, and waiting for. I know the case is the same for all of you, based on the phone calls, emails, messages, questions, etc. I'm receiving on a daily basis. Isn't this waiting game fun??? ;)

Other than the fact that Baby Girl is still not here, I have virtually nothing to update. Only 5 days left of school for me. Andy wants a break from work. The yard is coming along (but unfortunately the flower beds have not been de-weeded in weeks, oops my fault). I'm looking forward to the nice weather in the forecast for this weekend, hoping I'll be able to get out and somewhat enjoy it. I'm thinking I'll grab a good book, some ice water (a favorite on hot days) and a lawn chair and plant myself out on the deck and soak up some sun. I'm not sure how often that will happen once the baby is here so my plan is to take advantage while I can.

Update from the doctor appointment today:
Supposedly I "lost" weight, but I'm convinced they entered something wrong last time cuz I pay attention to that scale!
Blood pressure was "excellent" (I seemed to impress a few people with my numbers today)
Baby is still head down
She's right on track for her size and is estimated to be "in the average 7 lb. range" (says the doc- but who knows)
Still about 4 cm dilated and am 75% effaced... moving along gradually
There is talk about "stripping my membranes" at my next appointment (Friday, June 10). I'll spare you the details if you don't know what that is. If you do, I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but give me a week and maybe that story will change!
Andy and I have 2 names picked out, each with it's own corresponding middle name. We love them both. No we will still not tell you. We are waiting until she's born to decide. No one has guessed them yet (and like we'd really tell you if you did! Hehe!).

This might be my last post before baby - stay tuned for more information!

Also, thanks for all of your love and support during this pregnancy. At times it seemed to be flying by and at times was crawling along... but we're almost there and I know you all just as much as I, are looking forward to seeing her for the first time. Andy and I are truly blessed. Thank you, we love you. XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Don't tell me all those weeds I pulled grew back???!!! Haha

    ReplyDelete