February 22, 2011

Questions and Complaints

Okay ladies (and ONLY ladies), especially if you have had kids before - why do you feel you have the right to comment on my size? Yes, I KNOW I'm getting bigger, I really don't need any reminders. Is it that much of a shock to you? I told you I was pregnant a couple months ago, that's kinda how it works! And if you're not telling me how big I'm getting, you're commenting that I'm too small! WTF people! Could you please just smile and say something nice like "You look really good". Being pregnant is hard enough without all of your constant remarks on my appearance.

Also something I find quite amusing - the comme
nts I get from kids at school. They really do say the darndest things. Here's one such conversation I had this afternoon:

5th Grader: "Mrs. Kieffer, are you pregnant?"
Me: "Yes, I am."
5th Grader: "Well, then you really shouldn't go outside for recess anymore."
Me: "Oh really? Why can't I go outside?"
5th Grader: "That's really not good for the baby. You have to think about the baby."
Me: "I wear a jacket when I go outside - I'm sure the baby stays warm."
5th Grader: "I don't think the baby likes that very much."

Oh, 5th graders and their infinite wisdom. If you thought that one was good, wait till you hear more from my 3rd graders. Stories to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment